Are you looking for a career where you can realise your goals?
Are you searching for a role with an accountancy firm where members of the team are valued and their talent is nurtured?
Will your next move offer you an environment where you benefit from full training support and opportunities for career progression?
At MGI Midgley Snelling LLP Chartered Accountants we offer:
How we support our staff
We recognise the time and commitment you’ve put in to achieve your professional qualifications and knowledge to date. We want you to be able to maintain your professional expertise, so we invest in your future in a number of ways to give you the confidence to deliver high quality services.
We are a dynamic and reputable UK accounting practice with a diverse and expansive client base spanning both the UK and international sectors. As the founding Members of MGI Worldwide, we have a varied contact list of offices Worldwide we work with provide a full service to our clients.
We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional tax advisory and accounting services, tailored to meet the unique needs of each client. We are currently seeking an experienced Tax Advisor to join our team, contributing to our continued success and growth.
Location: Office based in Weybridge, Surrey
Qualifications: ACCA/ACA/CTA qualifications preferred
As a Tax Advisor in our firm, you will be responsible for a range of tax-related tasks for our varied client base. Your role will include, but is not limited to:
- Preparation and Review: Preparation of personal tax returns for a mixed client base including non UK domiciled and HNWI’s, and occasional review of returns prepared by other team members to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- P11Ds: Handling P11D forms, ensuring that benefits and expenses are accurately reported for clients.
- ATED Returns: Managing the completion and submission of Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) returns for relevant clients.
- Ad Hoc Assistance: Providing ad hoc tax support and assistance to the Partners and other team members, contributing to the overall success of our clients’ tax affairs. This could include all aspects of tax including IHT and CGT.
- HMRC Enquiries: Managing and responding to HMRC tax enquiries, ensuring timely and accurate communication.
- Trust and Partnership Returns: Preparation of tax returns for trusts and partnerships, adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Proactive Opportunity Identification: Proactively investigate and identify opportunities for the firm and clients, and confidently present and discuss them at Partner level.
- Opportunity for Additional Involvement: If desired, engaging in additional responsibilities such as reviewing and amending corporation tax returns, preparing offshore accounts for non-resident landlord companies, and preparing non-resident corporation tax returns.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CTA with relevant experience in tax advisory.
- Solid understanding of UK tax regulations and compliance procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your professional and personal well-being:
- Flexible working hours between 8 am and 18:30 pm with a one hour lunch break
- Work-from-home option for one day per week
- Access to MGI Worldwide online and in-person meetings for technical updates and networking opportunities
- Paid Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to support your ongoing professional growth
- Paid courses that are relevant and beneficial, based on mutual agreement
- Paid professional membership fees
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Healthcare benefits including contribution to dental care
- 5% employer pension contribution, with 3% employee contribution
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- Access to mental health support resources
- Death in service coverage
- Participation in the cycle to work scheme
- Social events and team-building activities to foster a positive work environment.
- Relaxed dress code
If you are a dedicated and knowledgeable Tax Advisor seeking an opportunity to work with a diverse client base, contribute to a thriving accounting practice, and further your professional development, we encourage you to apply.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications to HR@midsnell.co.uk. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Note: The information provided in this job description is subject to change based on company needs and priorities.
Our trainee tax and accounts position would suit an intelligent and proactive A level student or graduate with excellent communication skills.
This is a trainee role and includes training towards professional qualifications after a probationary period. The role is initially within our Tax team and will involve learning all aspects of Private Client Tax and Corporate Tax, across a very broad range of clients before moving across to our Audit and Accounts team. This role will initially include training towards completion of self-assessment tax returns for individuals; completion of self-employed accounts; supporting senior members of the tax team with ad-hoc tax compliance and advisory projects; administrative support for the tax team; and eventually liaising with clients and HMRC over the phone, by email and by letter. You will then transition to the Audit and Accounts team which involve preparing annual accounts from the bookkeeping records; learning about the accounting standards and how to apply them; completion of corporation tax returns for companies and eventually assisting the audit team on audit assignments.
In order to be considered for this role you will have at least three A Levels, C or above (excluding general studies), and including A Level Maths. If a graduate applicant, you will also have achieved a 2.1 or above in your degree. Overall a strong mathematical academic background including excellent GCSE grades is essential, together with an interest in Business and Tax, and the desire to begin a career in practice. A full UK driving licence together with your own transport is an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity offering a long term career, with a good starting salary + study package. The study benefits include all study costs, paid study leave and 4 weeks annual leave and includes flexible working hours.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic graduates or A Level students looking to start their careers in finance – send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A: Yes we do. We offer a balanced mix of hands-on experience and training along with support with professional exams and tuition. You’ll also enjoy a high level of responsibility as we strive to help you reach your full potential.
A: Yes, absolutely. We are always happy to hear from talented, like-minded people who share our values.
A: Yes, we keep your details on file for six months unless you request otherwise.
A: Depending on the position we may ask for 3 A Levels, an AAT Level 3 or a degree.
A: Most definitely! It’s not essential that you are a brilliant mathematician. There are many personal attributes that are more important than maths.
A: Good interpersonal skills, an eye for detail and good analytical skills, not just numeric analytical skills. You should also have good English language skills, both written and verbal.
A: We’re a very friendly team and pride ourselves on our inclusive working environment.