The death of a loved one is something that sadly most of us will experience at some point in our lives.
If you have been named as an executor in the Will – or you are the next of kin or close member of the family – then the practicalities of handling probate and estate administration may fall to you.
However, the task can be onerous and many people prefer to use a professional to carry out these tasks on their behalf.
Midgley Snelling Probate Services
Because we understand that our clients’ business and personal wealth are closely linked, we are able to provide a comprehensive probate service.
In addition to offering this specialist service to existing clients, we are also able to support clients of MGI International member firms who need to deal with estate administration matters in the UK.
Our expert team are able to deal with the paperwork and various tasks involved with the probate and estate administration process including:
- Obtaining Grant of Probate
- Helping you identify the assets and liabilities of the estate
- Accessing the assets held in bank accounts, property and share portfolios
- Considering any Deed of Variation opportunities
- Distributing the assets of the estate according to the terms of the Will
- Preparing and submitting any outstanding Personal Tax Returns up to the date of death
- Preparing estate tax returns and settling outstanding tax liabilities of the estate
- Preparing the final estate accounts
- Providing advice on tax planning opportunities for the estate and/or for beneficiaries
- Providing ongoing inheritance tax and succession planning advice
Valuing and distributing assets
We can carry out accurate valuations of all aspects of an estate and also confirm any debts or liabilities owing.
We will then complete the tax returns on your behalf, submit them to HMRC, pay the tax and outstanding bills and distribute the remainder of the estate, on your behalf to the beneficiaries.
Wills and Inheritance Tax
Planning ahead is important in order to protect the assets you have worked hard to accrue and to safeguard the futures of your loved ones. We will work with you to ensure that your financial legacy is as tax efficient as possible by minimising any potential Inheritance Tax burden.
By helping you ensure that your affairs are in order, you will have peace of mind knowing that when you are no longer here, everything will be straightforward for your family and you won’t be leaving them with problems.
Meet our experts
Our probate service is flexible and can be tailored to meet your needs. If you would like to find out more about our Probate, Wills and Inheritance Tax services, please get in touch with us.